Located of the northwest tip of Bird’s Head Peninsula on the island of New Guinea, in Indonesia’s West Papua province, Raja Ampat the four main islands of Misool, Salawati, Batanta and Waigeo and the smaller island of Kofiau. The high marine diversity in Raja Ampat is strongly influenced by its position between Indian and Pacific Ocean. Over 1070 fish species, 537 coral species and 699 mollusk species, the variety of marine life is staggering. Some areas boast enormous schools of fish and regular sightings of sharks such as wobbegongs.
Raja Ampat is a diver’s paradise, with pristine coral reefs and stunning topside scenery. The unrivaled marine biodiversity makes for spectacular diving. The profusion and diversity of fish life, wildly colorful soft corals, and expansive hard coral gardens are unparalleled and cater for divers of all level and interests. You can expect to see anything from tiny pygmy seahorses to giant oceanic Mantas, and manner of life in between.
Aside from the abundance of fish and corals, there are a number of species that occur here and nowhere else in the world. The Raja Ampat Walking Shark for example, is a highlight for most visitors. This incredible animal can be seen on night divers or night snorkels, as it walk along the reef flats on its pectoral fins, hunting for food.
Misool is one of part Raja Ampat group island is a diver’s place recommended. Located about 40 miles ( 60 km ) southwest of the island of New Guinea. Flat lowlands cover the coastal region, except in the south, which is hilly and mountainous
Divers are offered a wide range of sites to dive, from walls to pinnacles, reef flats, channel and sea-mounds to name but a few. So far more than 250 dive sites have been discovered, and more are found every week. Experienced dive operators often have explored secret sites, which are known only to them, and are not described in any of the dive guidebooks. These operators will be able to show you sites far from other divers, and drop you in on reefs that perhaps no one else has ever dived before. Diving in Raja Ampat is not particularly seasonal. September and October bring massive schools of bait fish, which attract bigger hunting fish and manta rays. The south winds in May and June bring more sharks and pelagic. Visibility tends to be at its best in November and February/March.
The 8 days 7 Days liveaboard diving will explore the north Raja Ampat dive sites. World class diving sites from Wayag , Waigeo, Mioskos and plenty of dive sites to choose from but Cape Kri, Chicken + Sardine Reef, Mikes Point and Mioskon are definitely on the schedule.
29 Jan – 06 Feb 2016
08 Feb – 17 Feb 2016
10 Mar – 18 Mar 2016
01 Jun – 09 Jun 2016
11 Jun – 19 Jun 2016
21 Jun – 29 Jun 2016
10 Jul – 18 Jul 2016
- Day 01 Sorong
- When you arrive at Sorong Airport our crew will be waiting for you in the arrival hall, after collecting your luggage we will escort you to the harbour where our tender boats will take you out to the ship where our friendly crew will greet you with a cold refreshing towel and drink. This will be followed by cabin allocation and boat orientation. When all guests are on board the Cruise Director will give you a presentation about the diving recommendations. Depending on departure time they maybe an opportunity to have a check dive just outside Sorong Harbour. Lunch and dinner will be served during the sail out to Raja Ampat (08hrs)
- Day 02 Dampier Strait
- The guests’ first dive is a check dive, Mioskon Island is a great place to do this and still be a world class dive. Here the guests can get comfortable with their equipment, buoyancy and refresh some basic skills. The Dampier Strait area has some of the most action packed diving in Raja Ampat and guests can see fish, fish and more fish but it is also the area where the saying 'No Current = No Fish' originated from. There are many dive sites to choose from but Cape Kri, Chicken + Sardine Reef, Mikes Point and Mioskon are definitely on the schedule
- Day 03 Penemu Islands
- Fantastic examples of Raja Ampats diversity. The Penemu Islands are presently a new Marine Protected Area (WWF). We shall dive at Reef Bayanggan, Melissa's Garden which has probably the best complete coral coverage you will ever see and Kerunemo Adik. After your third dive we will take you on a tour of The Hidden Bay (includes a trek up Penemu Hill for the amazing views of The Hidden Bay)
- Day 04 Kawe Islands and Aljui Bay
- After your tour of The Hidden Bay we set of for a 12hr drive up to the north of Raja Ampat and dive around the Kawe Islands and Aljui Bay. The entire Aljui Bay has been leased out by Atlas Sea Pearls and the dive sites include White Arrow, Tear Drop Corner and the infamous Cendana Pearl Farm Jetty. It is also possible to tour the pearl farm
- Day 05 Yanggefo
- After a 12hr drive back down to the south / middle of Raja Ampat we will dive at Yanggefo. Here we will dive Mayhem, Citrus Ridge and Gam Ridge followed by some snorkelling in the mangroves looking for the Archer Fish and seeing the unique corals that grow in front of the mangroves (normally corals grow 100m plus away from the mangroves), followed by a night dive at either of the ridges, we will overnight in the mangroves
- Day 06 Arborek
- Our morning dives are at Manta Sandy where there is a manta ray cleaning station and we see both Black / White and the all Black Manta Rays come to be cleaned. This famous site now has a line of dead coral where guests line up and watch the show. Third dive is a beautiful coral / fish dive close to Arborek Island where guests can also have a sun set walk on the beach before the fourth / night dive at the village jetty
- Day 07 Dampier Strait
- Finishing off your great trip with two shallow dives around Sardine and Chicken Reef before returning to Sorong
- Day 08 Sorong
- After breakfast the Cruise Director will escort the guests to either the airport / hotel and will assist with checking in. Your trip has come to an end and we look forward to welcoming you onboard again.
- Please Note:
- Cruising itineraries and daily programs are subject to change due to weather / sea conditions and dive site / anchorage availability. Every effort will be made to complete the program as planned and the Cruise Director will update the guests at meal times* We strongly advise you to bring your own dive equipment for comfort and familiarization and that we have a strict NO GLOVE POLICY Please Note That All Guests Must Have Dive Accident / Evacuation Insurance
- Liveaboard accommodation double occupancy share
- Up to 4 dives a day
- Dive guide
- Full meals, drinking water, coffee and teas
- Airport transfers to boat (in and out)
- Shore visit and topside scenic tours
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dive equipment rental
- Domestic airline tickets
- Hotel stay en route to/prior/after boarding our liveaboard
Your Liveaboard Accommodation
Indonesia’s newest, most practical and great-value Liveaboard vessels. Built in 2010 with safety, practicality and comfort in mind, the ship aims to be your sanctuary at sea with its cozy cabins and en-suite bathrooms, on board pampering, delicious and hearty meals, and overall hassle-free adventure for up to 14 guests.
The 30 meters Phinisi ship consists three decks and crafted by the highly respected and renowned boat builders of Tanah Beru in South Sulawesi, our beautiful wooden Phinisi schooner is fitted with the latest marine technology and equipments that are ensured to meet with international safety standards. Specifically designed for liveaboard diving cruises, provides a huge dedicated dive-deck with gear-up stations assigned for each diver throughout the cruise.
Our team of eleven Indonesian crew members and one foreign staff of diving experienced as a Cruise Director, has master certified of PADI and knowing all dive sites at eastern on Indonesia, such as Lombok, Komodo, Alor, Raja Ampat, Cendrawasih Bay. They will help you over in the vessel with the best service in their hospitality, friendly, delightful and helpful. They will make your trip comfortable and most memorable.
Facilities and amenities on board the ship are selected to provide the most comfort during the length of your diving expeditions. The air conditioning cabins with en-suite bathrooms are sleek yet cozy, a sanctuary to welcome you home after a long excursion undersea. Our spacious decks provide enough room for everyone to laze privately and group to mingle comfortably.
The ship have 7 cabins in total; 2 Deluxe Cabin with doubled bed and two single bed in upper deck ; 1 Suite Cabin in lower deck with one single bed and doubled bed ; 4 standard cabin with bunk bed in lower deck. All cabins in lower deck have portholes and windows. Upper deck cabin has huge window.
Book This Cruise
CRUISE CODE: (PHN29-SOQSOQ#8D
Please enter your inquiry for this cruise below.
Join our newsletter
and get special cruise deals, last minute cruise deals, and discounted cruise/diving trip offers:
Worldwide Travel Insurance
We have great offer for Worldwide Travel Insurance to cover your holiday, click here to find out.
How To Get To Embarkation Port
Port of Embarkation : SORONG (SOQ) | Port of Disembarkation : SORONG (SOQ)
- From Jakarta
You can reach Sorong in a single day from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) en route Ujung Pandang (UPG) or Ambon (AMQ) or Surabaya (SUB) using domestic flight, Sriwijaya Air or Lion Air.
- From Manado
You can reach Manado (MDC) from your international destination either through Singapore or Kuala Lumpur. Connections from Manado to Sorong range from one hour fifteen minutes to two hours ten minutes depending on which local carrier and whether the flight makes a stop in Makassar. Possible flight options that you can chooses are Merpati Air, Lion Air, and Sriwijaya Air.
- From Bali
This trip requires two legs and an overnight stay after arriving from your international destination; first a 75-minute flight from Denpasar (DPS) to Makassar (UPG), and a two-hour-and-ten-minute fight from Makassar to Sorong on the next day. Returning to Denpasar is a single-day trip either through Makassar again or through Ambon (AMQ). The flight option from Bali are using Lion Air and Sriwijaya Air.
- *We are more than happy to assist you on booking domestic lights to and from embark/disembark ports, let us know if we can assist you.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
- A deposit of 50 percent is required no later than 7 days after the date of reservation to confirm your booking
- Payment of the balance must be made and received us 90 days prior to departure date.
- Failure of payment within the stated period will automatically give the rights to offer the berth to other participant on the waiting list.
- Cancellations more than 90 days prior to departure: 50% refund of monies on hand.
- Cancellations within 90-0 days prior to departure: all monies on hand are forfeited.
- Payment shall be fully paid 90 days prior to departure.
Worldwide Travel Insurance
Travel insurance: simple & flexible
You can buy, extend and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from over 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
7 things you should know about
- Trusted reliable underwriters
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
WorldNomads.com provides cover for what’s important for travellers from over 150 countries. By focussing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can extend your policy or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely
All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance
All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
We want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.